In the last ten years, our Youth Horizon’s programme has grown remarkably with only three students in its first year to over twenty-five in year ten. We now offer crèche facilities to the students, FETAC certifications, experiential learning trips, counselling, and personal development opportunities.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR DONATIONS PAGE!
To run a special education needs school like ours, costs around €200,000 every year and every year we rely on donations from incredible corporations and philanthropists, as well as wonderful individuals.
Critical areas where you can help:
- Painting and maintenance of our building costs €5,000 per year.
- To provide healthy and nutritious food for our students at breakfast and dinner cost €13,000 per year.
- Cookery classes where we provide tuition and ingredients costs €3,000 per year.
- Individual tuition for students who present with special needs, supporting in accessing the curriculum costs €30,000 per year.
- Supporting students as they transition to third level (assist with assignments and engagement with third level institutions) costs €20,000 per year.
- Cultural experiences including going to the theatre, visiting museums and art galleries, going on geography field trips costs €20,000 per year.
- Team building costs €1,000 per year.
- Counselling services costs €30,000 per year.
Learning about yourself comes from understanding others. Getting our students ready for life is the best education we can give from experiencing life for themselves to participating in cultural trips. Our programme helps our young people to experience beyond their community and a world outside of theirs.